A boy's first step after registering as a Cub Scout, regardless of his age, is to pass the Bobcat requirements.
They are as follows:
- THE CUB SCOUT PROMISE - and its meaning.
"I .....(name).... promise to do my best
To do my duty to God and my country,
To help other people, and
To obey the Law of the Pack."
- THE LAW OF THE PACK - and its meaning.
"The Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout Grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill."
- THE CUB SCOUT MOTTO -
"Do Your Best."
- THE MEANING OF THE WORD WEBELOS
"WE 'll BE LOyal Scouts"
- SHOW THE CUB SCOUT SIGN and tell what it means
- Make the sign with your right hand, first two fingers raised.
- Hold your arm straight up.
- The two raised fingers look like the sharp ears of the wolf listening to Akela, his leader.
- GIVE THE CUB SCOUT SALUTE and tell what it means
- Salute with your right hand. Hold your first two fingers close together.
- Touch the tips to your cap. Touch your eyebrow if you are not wearing a cap.
- This is the way to show respect to your leaders.
- You salute the flag to show respect to our country.
- And you can greet another Cub Scout this way.
- SHOW THE CUB SCOUT HANDSHAKE and tell what it means
When you shake hands with another Cub Scout,
place the first two fingers of your right hand
along the inside of his right wrist.
- WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN
Complete the exercises in the parent's guide, How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse.